Child & Adolescent Services
Windsor Laurelwood provides inpatient hospital treatment for children and adolescents on two separate and distinct units, a Children’s Unit for ages 6 through 13 and an Adolescent unit teens through the ages of 14 through 18. These programs provide specialized care for young people who are experiencing emotional and behavioral difficulties through a team of licensed professionals experienced in the assessment and treatment of children and adolescents. Our highly trained staff will work with the child, their family and support system to address problems and create solutions. The goal of these programs is to empower children and adolescents with effective coping skills and build self-esteem so they can return home and back to school.
- Two separate and distinct units for children and adolescents
- Comprehensive Psychiatric and Physical Evaluation
- Board Certified Child and Adolescent Psychiatrists
- Safe, therapeutic, structured environment
- Daily focus on problem solving, coping and social skills and positive interactions with peers.
- Discharge and aftercare planning is thoroughly conducted to ensure the individual is set up with appropriate resources within the community.